Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My network doesn't work with PSN but I want to get a PSP Go when it comes out. What should I do?

Maybe if you ask another question putting up the details + router settings, you can get help to find a solution to the problem.
PSN works well with my PSP for the most part. I use a Netgear WGR614v6. Do you use security with your wireless network? I do, & it's really rare that I have a problem.
The only problem I've had so far is a failed download or two, as in the connection to the server was lost before it finished but that's for a 1 gig file.
I usually have problems getting huge files that are 300+ MB in one attempt on my "broadband" connection (whether I'm wired or wireless). Trailers, promos, updates & every thing else almost always complete successfully in one try.pavtube is one of the best dvd rippers, It is versatile application and users can use it either to backup DVD to hard disk or to convert DVD movies to AVI, WMV, MPG, MP4, MOV, and 3GP, AAC, MP3, W4A, WMA, WAV and AC3 etc.
Get a PSP Go only when your wireless network works well. (You're going to have to download lots of stuff, as there is no UMD drive.)
Otherwise, I would stick to a PSP-2000 or 3000 (if you can stand the interlacing problem) with its trusty UMD drive.
I hope that helps.
Edit: Okay. I have tried out PlayStation Network Downloader with my PSP-2000. The install was a breeze, & there were no problems with it on XP Home SP3. I didn't even have to reboot.
I logged onto my PSN account using my PC, viewed my download list, clicked download, (since I use Firefox) select open with PlayStation Network Downloader, which is already in the slot, OK & it starts up automatically.
At this point or before, you hook up the USB cord to your PSP & your PC + wait for your computer to detect it. My PSP put itself in USB mode automatically, so I didn't have to go under Settings --> USB Connection.
Leave the PSP in USB mode. (Don't press circle to go back to settings + the options on the home screen.)
Leave the window open that pops up when you hook the PSP up to your PC. (In my case, mine was Removable Disk G.)

No comments:

Post a Comment